The purchase of a Mobile Command Vehicle requires a great deal of time and money. You certainly want to make the best possible decision because you know your agency will have it for several years. Every decision you take is decisive because in the end, the mobile command post will be deployed in the most critical situations. With the multitude of possibilities, budget constraints and the speed with which technologies change and evolve, it’s hard to find the right solution adapted to your specific needs. Thus, to help you build the best mobile command unit in the world, we have drawn up a list of questions that should be answered in the acquisition process. To download the eBook, click here !
Here is what you will find in the eBook.
- Needs & Problems. As you know, there's a wide range of vehicles and trailers on the market. Before thinking about the design establish the general functions of the unit.
- Environment Type. The type of environment is a critical question because it will impact the height, width, length and weight of the vehicle.
- How many people will have to communicate? Establish the number of people who must use the mobile command vehicle resources and communications. It will help you determine the size of the vehicle and the required equipment.
- Voice, data & radio. What type of communication technologies will you be using?
- Training & Maintenance. Have you thought about that?